Trademarks & IP Counseling
We counsel clients on the protection and commercialization of intellectual property, focusing on trademarks, copyrights, open source software and domain names.
- From reviewing proposed names, logos and other marks to ensure availability for registration and use without conflict to licensing use of trademarks to or from others.
- From filing for registration with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) to resolving inquiries and objections from the PTO in the application process.
- From preparing to responding to cease-and-desist letters.
- From registration of copyrights for creative works and software to licensing use of content and other copyrighted materials to or from others and responding to software audits.
Open Source Software
- From counseling on compliance with open source license requirements to assisting with preparation of open source inventories and open source due diligence in M&A transactions.
- From recovering domain names from bad actors, whether through the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) or other means, to assisting with the sale or acquisition of domain names.